Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scheduling Sucks In Ireland Too

Well I guess no matter what school you go to, scheduling is a pain in the ass no matter what. I just spent three hours attempting to put together a schedule that fits and that will help achieve my goal of finishing at least one of my minors up while I'm over here.
The system is very different from the one we use in the states. Here they offer two hours a week for each class taken, with a possibility of a tutorial or lab, or both as well. Luckily most of the English and history classes I signed up to take don't require a lab and only one hour of tutorial, as opposed to my friend Jess, who has two lectures, two labs and two tutorials for some of her health science classes. Unfortunately, many of the lectures are split into two different hours, on different days on different buildings, making it hard to juggle five classes and the tutorials that go along with them.
After a lot of tweaking and switching, I think I've finally found a combination that works, but if not the University gives us two weeks to change our schedules around before we finalize anything. They seems to give the international students a lot of freedom in choosing classes and are very accommodating, so hopefully if I have any trouble they can help me out!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy to hear you're so focused on your studies... :P

    ReplyDelete