Monday, January 25, 2010

Fashion Fopaux

Ireland has made me realize how unfashionable I am, not matter what country I'm in. The girls here are the definition of trendy complete with edgy haircuts, healed boots, tight leggings and mini-skirts. Here, my favorite sweatpants are not only unfashionable, but disrespectful to wear to class. Here when I go to a bar, my jeans are frowned upon even if they are really cute. American girls are easily spotted in their North Face jackets and jeans with rain boots, not leather boots the the Irish like to wear.
So I'm taking a step out of my comfort zone and heading to town soon with a few of my American companions to give ourselves and Irish makeover, leggings, skirts and all. We are heading to the clothing stores with a drive to become equals in the eyes of the Irish woman. I'm leaving my hoodies behind for cute accessories and a new outlook on fashion.
When I return to the States, I will be so stylish they'll ask me to pose for Vogue. Well, that's a stretch, but I can always hope ;)

1 comment: