Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh, Sleep, How I Miss You

A full-night's rest is a rare and elusive sleep here at UL. Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights are always a party, so students are out in full force having a good time, singing and rabble rousing outside my window. Unfortunately for me, I'm a light sleeper and my walls are about as thick as a fashion model's pinky finger.
The first week was good, and after two straight days of traveling and walking around campus not even a nuclear explosion could have woken me, but that all changed when the Irish students moved back. That, in combination with excitement about upcoming trips and late nights at the pub dancing and drinking, my sleep schedule has been knocked off it's axis.
What I don't get during the night, I try to make up for during the day in between classes. It's more quiet in the housing complexes during class hours than at night, so while other people are off learning, I'm getting my much needed beauty sleep. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to indulge in these glorious treats because our class tutorials start in two weeks, adding another five hours throughout the week that I won't be able to nap.
Maybe this is a good thing, the time I could spend sleeping will allow me to have more time to get out and explore the campus and city. On the other hand, I hope I don't burn myself from a lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment