Monday, February 15, 2010

The 814 Comes to Dublin


Nothing beats exploring a new country with some of your best friends. This weekend I hit the largest city in Ireland with two girls that I've been friends with for a long time, which made the experience that more meaningful and fun. Katie, Susannah and I went out dancing, shopping, site seeing and of course eating our way through the streets of Dublin. We got to see some amazing and beautiful parks and architecture, sample the best pub food I've had in Ireland so far and get our free pint of Guinness at the end of touring the way-cool Guinness Factory.
I had so much fun with my girls, but for the first time since I've been to Ireland I felt a little twinge of homesickness. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family, friends and boyfriend a lot, but I haven't felt that need to go home. Walking through the streets up Dublin was like walking through a small town and it made me want to walk through the streets of my hometown. That combined with seeing my old friends and not having my other half on Valentine's Day made me realize how much everyone and everything back in the States means to me. That, along with having a cold and wishing my mom and dad were there to make me soup and make sure I felt okay, was a good reminder of all that I have to come home to after this amazing experience comes to an end.
Much love to everyone back home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment