Monday, May 17, 2010

A Little Taste of Home


Wexford, Ireland...typically not a very touristy destination when one visits, but all the same filled with interesting things to see, extra friendly people and great places to relax with your buds. Kate and I went home with my friend from the rugby team, Leah, to stay with her family for the week at their home in Wexford, an area famous for their strawberries and home of the former capital of Ireland centuries ago.
There were ruins, castles and cemeteries to explore. There were homemade desserts and steaks to be eaten. There were parents, friends and family to chat with. Not to mention there was a comfortable bed, clean floors and comfortable couches to lounge on. Everything about the weekend was relaxing and we spent most of it in our comfortable sweats sipping tea and chatting around Leah's kitchen island. It seemed like a real taste of Irish life, but it also made me remember my life back home, my family and friends.
With only one week left of my European study abroad experience, this weekend really made me appreciate what's important and what I'm looking forward to the most about coming home. Many thanks to Leah and her mom and dad (Robby and Hazel), for letting us share a lovely weekend at their home!

No comments:

Post a Comment